[pmwiki-users] RSS mystery problem solved

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Mon Oct 1 15:33:08 CDT 2007

Hi, folks.  A few months back I reported that ?action=rss had
mysteriously stopped working on one of my wikis, and I wasn't sure what
change I had made to cause it to stop.  I just discovered what it was: I
made it into a WikiFarm.

The line in config.php to turn on ?action=rss reads,

if ($action == 'rss') include_once('scripts/feeds.php');   # RSS 2.0

I wanted all the wikis in the farm to allow RSS, so I moved that line
from config.php to farmconfig.php.  I didn't realize that, in doing so,
I needed to change the line to

if ($action == 'rss') include_once("$FarmD/scripts/feeds.php");   # RSS 2.0

The problem was immediately evident when I tried to use RSS on one of
the other farmed wikis, because it produced an error message.  On the
host wiki it had produced just a blank screen, which had prevented me
(and other members of this list) from identifying the problem!

I'll add a PITS item recommending that the $FarmD notation be used in
the sample-config.php in the future, since it works with both single and
farmed wikis.  --Ben