[pmwiki-users] GroupFooter

Tom Hayden tom.hayden.iii at mail.airmail.net
Mon Nov 26 20:01:41 CST 2007

First of all: Hans and Tegan, thank you very much for your advice.
Second: I am officially a jack ass
In my efforts do create my calendar I went through the following steps.
1. Selected "edit sidebar"
2. Added "* [[Calendar/Calendar]]"
3. Clicked on save.
4. Clicked on Calendar in the sidebar
5. Clicked on "edit" in the Calendar page
6. Added "(:comment :)" (As suggested by the PmCalendar instructions)
7. Clicked on save.
(No problems so far. Now, how to "create" Calendar.GroupFooter)
8. Open up shell session
9. cd to wiki.d
10. vi Calendar.GroupFooter
11. Enter (:pmcal:)
12. Save and exit
13. Select Calendar from sidebar
14. NO CALENDAR!

(I will now pause while you all roll on the floor and laugh!)

After examining the Calendar.Calendar file directly, I noticed
some rather SIGNIFICANT differences between it and Calendar.GroupFooter

(Pause for more laughter)

At this point, I copied Calendar.Calendar to Calendar.GroupFooter and
then edited it to replace the existing content with "(:pmcal:)" and
saved it.
Back to browser, click on Calendar in sidebar. Page comes up,
voila! Calendar appears.
In my defense, I will observe that it is a little counter intuitive that
the "footer" is no different than any other page and needs to be created
in a similar manner, and can, in fact, be displayed as though it was a
"real" page.
Thanks again to everyone who helped and I apologize for taking up your
time with a "newbie" mistake.

--
Tom Hayden III

Coherent solutions for chaotic situations

tom.hayden.iii at mail.airmail.net
214-435-4174

2636 Verandah Ln.
Apartment 1431