[pmwiki-users] cleanurl in a shared IIS environment

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Nov 24 04:46:57 CST 2007

I have tried to implement CleanURLs a couple times unsuccessfully.  This
time I've persisted a bit longer and I believe I've found out why it's not
working, but I'd like somebody more knowledgable to confirm for me...

When I execute a phpinfo() I find the SERVER_SOFTWARE set to
Microsoft-IIS/5.0.  Pretty clear I'm out of the apache fold at this point...

When I read over CleanURL page there is a reference/example to IIS but it
requires installation of a "Mod Rewrite 2" ISAPI module (from
www.iismods.com).

Since I do not have this level of access to my host I'm assuming that means
CleanURLs are impossible unless my host agrees to do this.

Could somebody confirm that there aren't other alternatives out there that
I'm missing?

Thanks!

-Peter