[pmwiki-users] searchbox for exclusive name searches

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 03:02:22 CST 2007

Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:32:32 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Not yet.  There's been some discussion in the past of
> adding a feature to searches/pagelist where one could
> specify how the terms would be used (default would be
> text search, but one could instead indicate that terms
> would be applied to pagenames or something similar).

This would be great.

Another way may be to introduce a general field substitution function
for input controls, so any {$$var} as value in an input field will be
substituted. (And in addition {(expr..)} markup expressions
evaluated.)

Then a searchbox could be build like this:

(:input form '{$ScriptUrl}':)
(:input hidden action search:)
(:input hidden q "name={$$term}":)
(:input text term:)
(:input submit post 'Search page name':)
(:input end:)

I managed to get something like this running by using Fox for doing
the field var substitution, then redirecting with a
?action=search&q=...

Or do you think such preliminary substitutions should only be handled by
the function handling the action= ? Maybe it is too much of a
Pandora's box otherwise.

  ~Hans