[pmwiki-users] Single Page background image

Dr Fred C drfredc at verizon.net
Fri Nov 23 02:26:52 CST 2007

Tegan Dowling wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2007 3:00 PM, Dr Fred C <drfredc at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a simple way to get a page (or section of a page) to display a
>> background image?
>>
>> NO, I'm not looking for solutions that require adding a bunch of
>> commands for each customized page to add to local config, or changes to
>> a skin for every page background I want to control.  Or at least this is
>> what I take away as being the 'solution' from the jibberish on
>> pmwiki/BackgroundImages about setting a background image.
>>

> Maybe re-visit that page, http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BackgroundImages?
>
> I've used this, and it's all controlled in-page.
>
> It ain't perfect, but the imperfections might be irrelevant to your application:
>
> (:div style='border:0; padding:10px; color:black; height:750px;
> background-image:url([=http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Test/clouds.jpg=])':)
>
> (:divend:)

  This sort of works, thanks.  In gemini skin+firefox, there's a big
15-20 px border around the page section.

  It's not a particularly clean solution, nor can one see the background
image selected as part of the process, nor is it as simple as filling
out a simple box in my html editor's page preferences for the background
of my choice.  However, it's workable given most of the work can be done
by copying and pasting a lot of seemingly unrelated jiberish.

  I thought I'd left most of this sort of programming markup stuff
behind me from when I was coding compugraphics text formatting back in
the early 80s.  Seems a lot of the power of pmwiki world is heading back
in that direction.

IMHO, the edit page box ought to have an option box to set background
and/or page style from a list.  That doesn't seem to fit into how things
are done around here. However, at least the coding option is it's there
when one needs it.

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc at drfredc.com