[pmwiki-users] Examples and recipes for forum on pmwiki

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:48:32 CST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 3:18 PM, Iannis Zannos <zannos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am thinking of starting a forum on a pmwiki and have found the following
> recipe:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ZAPforum
>
> I am not sure if this is still a supported forum component, or if it is
> obsolete.
> Are there other recipes out there which I should be aware of and evaluating?
> Also, can someone direct me to websites that show examples of a forum
> running on pmwiki?
> Thanks,

(sorry for double-post)

I use http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleForum

You can see an example at http://www.mkeurbanag.org/DiscussionForum/HomePage

The site is running PmWiki v2.1.26.
I have a pagelist's "list=forum" defined in my config.php to exclude
HomePage, SideBar, SideMenu, GroupHeader, etc.

THIS is on that group's HomePage:
To follow up on an existing discussion topic, click on its link,
below.  To create a page for a new topic, click in the form box and
give your topic a good, descriptive (but brief) subject name.

Please '''do not use''' question marks, periods, quotation marks or
slashes in your topic's name (that means '''no periods after
abbreviations like "Mr." or "St."''').

%blue%[-Enter a title for your discussion topic ''without using
punctuation (no ? or ' or " or / or \ or .)'' -]
(:nogroupfooter:)(:newforumtopic:)

(:pagelist group={$Group} list=forum fmt=forum :)
(:title Discussion:)

THIS is on the group's GroupHeader:
(:if ! name HomePage:)
%center%'''[[HomePage|<<[+Return to Discussion Topic Index+]]]'''

(:ifend:)
!{$Titlespaced}(:if ! auth edit:)(:notabs:)(:if name
HomePage:)(:noleft:)(:ifend:)

THIS is on that group's GroupFooter:
(:commentboxchrono:)

THIS is in that group's SideBar:
(:pagelist group={$Group} fmt=title list=forum:)

I hope that helps -- let me know if you have any questions,

Tegan