[pmwiki-users] Index.php Problem in Non-Farm Environment

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Nov 15 15:43:59 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 12:40:19PM -0800, Steve Rowe wrote:
> HERE'S THE PROBLEM
>
> When you try to open www.thinkone.com, if gives me the
> following error:
>
> Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or
> directory (errno 2) in E:\thinkoneftp\index.php on
> line 1
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers
> already sent by (output started at
> E:\thinkoneftp\index.php:1) in
> E:\BCC\BCC\pmwiki\pmwiki.php on line 870
>
> And then somehow shows the
> www.bethlehemcommunitychurch.com website. How does it
> even find this in a different subdirectory?!
>
> The only way I can get it to show the second site is
> to type in the following URL:
>
> http://www.thinkone.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
> Please, what is wrong with my installation?

Try changing the index.php file in the thinkoneftp/ directory
to just contain some plain text, like

    This is the index.php file in thinkoneftp

Then try loading http://www.thinkone.com/ and see if you
get the correct index.php contents.

My guess is that the webserver is somehow automatically mapping
an empty path name (such as http://www.thinkone.com/) to the
index.php that is in the bcc/ directory.  In particular, notice
that I get something entirely different with

    http://www.thinkone.com/
    http://www.thinkone.com/index.php

The latter still gives the "chdir" error, but displays the
thinkone wiki.

My other guess is that somehow the webserver doesn't know
the correct root web directory for the www.thinkone.com domain.
At any rate, this all sounds like a webserver configuration problem
of some sort.

Hope this helps,