[pmwiki-users] thoughts on PTVs, (:include:) and editing forms

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 13:00:53 CST 2007

Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 6:27:36 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> What really happens is that forms.php internally converts
> name=$:XYZ to be 'ptv_XYZ', if only because I'm not sure
> that a string like '$:XYZ' is a valid control name.

Yes I like that. And setting an input control name to a PTV implies
that the PTV should be checked for updating.

> On the forms handling end (e.g., in PmForms), the ptv_XYZ
> controls are converted back into the '$:XYZ' format.

Why do you rename it back to the variable format?

I just added to Fox a conversion processing all fields
with ptv_NAME -> value  to NAME -> value,
and adding NAME to the ptvfields array, which holds any names of PTVs
to be checked for update.

  ~Hans