[pmwiki-users] markup expression: what name & where?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 12 13:57:38 CST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 07:36:37PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Monday, November 12, 2007, 6:35:15 PM, Hans wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions for good names?
>
> {(incname)} {(incnumber)} {(ticket)} ???
>
> and I make a new cookbook page IncrementalPageNames ?

FWIW, there may be a slight problem (race condition) with
trying to use a markup expression to generate unique pagenames
based on incrementing page numbers.

In particular, suppose two people load the page containing
{(ticket)} on or about the same time.  In such a case both
would receive the same identifier for "next page", and upon
hitting 'post' or its equivalent they would end up saving
to the same page.

Better might be to have some form of marker in the pagename itself
(or in an alternate parameter) that says "determine a unique
pagename at the time this page is being saved".  This is the
approach that PmForms intends to take.