[pmwiki-users] markup expression: what name & where?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 12:35:15 CST 2007

I am finishing three little markup expression scripts mainly aimed
for incrementing page names. Now I wonder what names I should give
them. And where shall I  put them in the cookbook. Perhaps to
MarkupExpressionSamples (a new page)? Please help especially with the
naming.

1. {(newticket)} ?
   Allowed argument: {(newticket group)}
   It returns a new pagename based on existing numerical pagenames
   in a group and today's date: i.e. Group.20071112001,
   Group.20071112002 etc. increasing today till tomorrow starting with
   Group.20071113001.

2. {(thread)} ???
   Possible arguments: {(thread group name)}
   Returns pagename based on existing numerical pagenames in a group,
   where the 'name' part prepends the numerical part, i.e.
   Group.Name0001, group.Name0002 etc. increasing

3. {(threadnumber)} ?????
   Possible arguments etc as for {(thread)}, but returns only the
   digit part, not the Group.Name part.

A  version of {(thread)} has been published as part of the zap markup
extensions, but this one is improves on it, i.e thread can start at
0001, not 1000, and Name part can be specified, and ThreadStart can be
specified with different length of digit string as well.

Any suggestions for good names?

  ~Hans