[pmwiki-users] A Farm, AuthUser, 2.2.0-beta63 and name/password not recognized

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 12 12:37:36 CST 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 05:40:38PM -0000, K.A.Bouton wrote:
>    I have installed 2.2.0-beta63 and have a wiki farm, with SiteAdmin, And
>    TestFarm going just fine. Now I have tried to implement AuthUser.
>
>    1. In SiteAdmin/AuthUser I have
>
>    test:oiutwviwjt[mwvtwu0itrggsb
>
>    @admins: test

The encrypted password here looks *very* suspicious to me --
it doesn't look like any form of encryption I'm used to seeing.
Perhaps try entering the password again?

>    I have also set SiteAdmin/GroupAttributes?action=attr read/edit/attribute
>    all to @admins
>
>    2.in farmconfig.php I have near the top
>
>    $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = '@admins';
>    $DefaultPasswords['attr'] = '@admins';
>    include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

Thus far everything sounds "correct".

>    3.In TestFarm/local/config.php I have near the top
>
>    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = array('@admins', 'id:test');
>    include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>    session_name('TESTSESSID');

Uh oh.  Setting session_name() here won't do much good, because
PmWiki will have already established a session as a result of
including authuser.php (from the farmconfig.php).  Is the
intended purpose of the session_name() to make sure the local
wiki keeps its passwords separate from other wikis in the farm?

Does it work if you don't set session_name()?