[pmwiki-users] cookbook: skin gallery

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 04:31:13 CST 2007

I rebuilt the skin gallery page, replaced the crammed simple table
format with a format based on floating divs, an also refactored the
link markup used, to make the page overall easier to maintain and
easier to add skin thumb images to their alphabetical position.

I have not dared to replace out the original Cookbook.SkinGallery
page, but created a new one for a start. If there are no objections i
will replace the original. Here you can see the new:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinsGallery2

One question to those familiar with tables and divs:
I had to enclose all the floating thumb gallery divs with a table with
width setting, to provide a surrounding box which will force the width
of a surrounding skin layout table cell. I used  a div first, but,
working with the Triad skin, which is table-based, the left and right
skin columns would not shrink and made the middle column too narrow to
allow two floaters side by side. It seems tables have more strength
than divs when it comes to specifying width. But maybe someone know
better and can correct this flaw, or give advise.

  ~Hans