[pmwiki-users] Event-calendar with pagelist and ftime? (repost)

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 10:47:12 CST 2007

Sunday, November 11, 2007, 12:39:43 PM, Audun Myhra Bergwitz wrote:

> What I'm thinking is that the best way would be to have some sort of
> time: markup on pages, and then use this markup to create a pagelist of
> things happening this day/week/month etc. It's seems like the
> ftime-function is able to do this, but I can't really figure out how to
> use it with pagelists.

> So: what markup should I out on a page to make it recognizable by
> pagelists and ftime?

> And how do I make a pagelist showing for instance what's happening this
> week?

Perhaps see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists

I quote:
-----------
"if=

The "if" option allows a condition to be specified as part of the
pagelist processing, rather than from within the page list template.
Only those pages for which the condition is true are retrieved.
Anything that could go within an (:if ...:) can be used as a
condition. For example

(:pagelist if="date {(ftime %GW%V {*$Name})} {=$Name}" :)

returns all of the pages where the name is in the same week as that of
the current page."
----------

The order= parameter gives further control over the pagelist sequence.

The fmt= parameter lets you control output, via a template you can
define. For instance you could make the pagelist display a list of
parts of pages, using (:include {=$FullName}#section :) inside the
pagelist template.

You can also use page variables and page text variables inside the
pagelist template, and as you can see from the example above, inside
the if= parameter in the pagelist markup. See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup

You can also use, as you can see from the example, markup expressions.
{(ftime %GW%V {*$Name})} is a markup expression. See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExpressions

Once you dig into this you can see that the pagelist markup is
probably already powerful enough to deliver what you are asking.

  ~Hans