[pmwiki-users] Creating a new page with GET/POST variables (or

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Fri Nov 9 16:32:32 CST 2007

Hans wrote:
> Friday, November 9, 2007, 9:21:06 PM, sti at pooq.com wrote:
>
>> This can't possibly work. 'pagename' is an INPUT field. It can end up holding
>> absolutely anything. Passing the default value through wikiword won't fix that.
>
> It works fine for me. After adding a (:input submit post:) field.
> The wikiword markup expression makes out of any kind of string a valid
> wiki word, which can serve as a page name. Invalid characters simply
> get stripped out, spaces taken out, small letters at the beginning of
> words capitalised. MakePageName is using the same preg_replace routine.

Nope, I just checked to be sure, and it DOESN'T work. Try this:

type "Test.This is a test" into the input field. Hit the post button.

Do you end up at an edit screen? I don't. That's the bug.

All that the {(wikiword...)} does is makes sure the DEFAULT value is in the
correct form (well, not really - it should really be {(pagename...)} but
that's beside the point). The user can type anything they want into the field,
and it won't go through the markup expression, so it doesn't do much good.