[pmwiki-users] Urgent -- Memory size exausted - line 660

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Thu May 31 05:46:17 CDT 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> As I try to save a specific page I get this error:
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 53 bytes) in
> /web/htdocs/www.fl4u6rpx37tz.net/home/xyz/pmwiki.php on line 660
>
> If I step back with my browser and then click on "view", the page is
> actually saved!
>
> Nevertheless such an error makes me rather (much) unquiet, for it is a
> site we use at work.
>
> Could it be that the page history is too long?
> In this case, as I cannot reach for the ftp server now (this is also
> strange), is there a command I can give (action=something) to drop the
> history on that particular page?

If you have installed the recipe ExpireDiff :
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ExpireDiff

Otherwise, you can set a variable in config.php:
  $DiffKeepDays = 30;

in order to keep the page history 30 days only, instead of 10 years, as it is
by default. See:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditVariables#DiffKeepDays
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageHistory

However, there may be another recipe eating too much memory, for example
ThumbList on too big pictures >1600x1200 pixels.

Thanks,
Petko