[pmwiki-users] PTVs in a URL

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue May 29 19:57:19 CDT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 5:48 PM, Jon Haupt wrote:

> On 5/29/07, Jon Haupt <jhaupt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would it be possible to use a page text variable in a URL?  In
>> particular, I would like to construct an RSS feed link that returns
>> only pages that satisfy a PTV.  Like this:
>>
>> http://whatever.com/pmwiki/Main/HomePage?action=rss&
>> $:YourVariable=1&count=5
>>
>> This doesn't seem to work.  Am I missing something, or is it just not
>> configured to work this way yet/ever?
>>
>> Jon Haupt
>>
> Also, this doesn't work either:
> http://whatever.com/pmwiki/Main/HomePage?action=rss&%24%
> 3AYourVariable=1&count=5
>
> Jon

What I do is pull up the search/pagelist feature on the site, and
play with it until I have a URL that gives me the results I wanted.
I think you could then change action=rss instead of action=search to
make it an RSS feed list.

So for your answer, study search/pagelist documentation and that
should help.  I think you may be missing brackets, etc.  but I would
let pmwiki do the grunt work :)

Crisses