[pmwiki-users] Session Erors and UserAuth2

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Sun May 20 08:07:59 CDT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 22:48, IchBin wrote:
> I noticed that after I disabled UserAuth2 on my pc (I have it running
> out on a website) when I open a Session in an unrelated php scripts I
> get Session errors. Are their cookies around that I have to purge? I get
> the following error (I am doing a session_start()):
>
> Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]:
> open(/tmp\sess_9af2e42745051da48fab511b67112ac7, O_RDWR) failed: No such
> file or directory (2) in C:\wwwroot\quotes\quotes.php on line 8
>

> Using a clean instance of pmWiki I get the following errors:
>
> Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]:
> open(/tmp\sess_6415c5f9949c43a85635654986a352ba, O_RDWR) failed: No such
> file or directory (2) in C:\wwwroot\www\prophp.us\pmwiki.php on line 1833
>
> Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to
> write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of
> session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in
> C:\wwwroot\www\prophp.us\pmwiki.php on line 1833
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at C:\wwwroot\www\prophp.us\pmwiki.php:1833) in
> C:\wwwroot\www\prophp.us\pmwiki.php on line 1005
>

> How to I cleanup these sessions? It has to have been related to my
> testing of the UserAuth2 recipe.

As far as I know, the setting of PHP options via ini_set are by no means
permanent to the system, but rather are valid only for the current script
instance running.

Further there no writes or other changes that UserAuth2 would make apart
from writing to the specified dirs cookbook/userauth2/xxx. In so far I
can't see how there would be a permanent effect. (From your description it
sounds however that you have run pmwiki on windows before without
UserAuth2 and it worked. Is this correct?)

In any case, have you tried setting session.save_path to something other
than '/tmp', e.g. 'C:\\WINDOWS\\TEMP'? Usually there will be no '/tmp' on
a windows machine.

Thomas

NB: Clearing the session cookies in the browser might be useful as well,
but leaving them should not screw up the session handling. UserAuth2 sets
session cookies containing name/value pairs of the form
PHPSESSID4EA326...90B5CD9 = 3285AB...E98CD079D.