[pmwiki-users] (:pagelist:) broken when using UserAuth2 and beta45

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Sun May 20 07:35:37 CDT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 20:26, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> More critical are the two remaining fields. Therefore the question: what
>> is the exact meaning of
>>
>> '=protectexclude' and
>> '=protectsafe'
>
> These aren't fields of the $page array (returned by the authfunction) --
> they're specific only to pagelist.
>
> In other words, I don't think $AuthFunction has to worry about these.

Well, I know very well. But the question for me is how should I set
$page['=passwd'] such that in the end the behaviour of (:pagelist:) is
acceptable:

   if (!$page['=passwd']['read']) $opt['=protectsafe'][$pn] = 1;

I would readily implement this straight as you said (something equivalent
to "Is there any user who may not read the page?"), but it would take a
while, as all user records would have to be scanned.

Therefore my seek for some simplification, and therefore the question for
the meaning, especially of "protectsafe". There will be some specific
reason why one would like to know whether ANY read restriction exists on
the page concerned.

Thomas

NB: Some months ago reported as PITS.00901.