[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta46 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 19 13:50:19 CDT 2007

I've just released pmwiki-2.2.0-beta46, which adds a few more
features for handling templates and page variables.  The new
version is available from:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.0-beta46.tgz
    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.0-beta46.zip
    svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest

Most of the changes to this release are internal, although there
are some that may affect things externally.  It may be worthwhile
for some "cutting-edge" 2.2.0-beta sites that are heavily using
2.2.0-beta features to wait a bit before upgrading to this version
and see if any other changes arise quickly.

With this release we're getting very near the end of the current
2.2.0-beta cycle, and I expect any further changes to be relatively
minor or have little impact on future upgrades.

The biggest author-facing change in 2.2.0-beta46 is that any
(:input default:) directives now need to occur before the
forms/input directives they intend to affect.  Previously,
(:input default:) could appear anywhere in a page.

Another change is that {$$option} template substitutions now take
place in (:include:) text.  Any {$$option} value is replaced with
its corresponding option from (:include:).

The remainder of these changes are primarily aimed at recipe
developers and people with lots of custom markup.  It's generally
safe to ignore these if you don't understand what they mean.

- Any markup rules that define their $where parameter in terms of
  a non-existent rule are no longer processed.  Previously such
  rules would be processed prior to any other rule (if this is
  intentional, then use '<_begin' as the $where parameter).

- The definition for $PageTextVarPatterns has changed, as well
  as the location.  Previously $PageTextVarPatterns was being set
  in scripts/stdmarkup.php (after local customizations), I've moved the
  definition into pmwiki.php (before local customizations).
  Generally this means that any recipes or customizations that
  have been setting $PageTextVarPatterns early no longer need
  to do so.

  I did a quick scan of cookbook recipes to see which might be
  affected by this -- only the DataQuery seems to pose an
  immediate conflict.  (I've already notified the author, and
  would expect an update soon.)

  Related to the above, the name and value for a page text
  variable are now captured to $2 and $3, instead of $1 and $2 as
  in beta45.

Comments, questions welcomed as always.