[pmwiki-users] french translation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 19 02:13:23 CDT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 09:01:00AM +0200, jdd wrote:
> So I Keep my proposal to take the french translation. Of course, I
> urge any french contributor to contact me (like dominique.faure (at)
> gmail.com did) - I don't want to take precedence over any people and
> need any help available :-)

Excellent!  I'm very glad to see this happening.  (Especially since at
the moment I'm in Montreal, Canada, where I'm very much surrounded by
'les francophones'.  :-)

> In this purpose, I created the two pages:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiFr/ListeDesTraducteurs
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiFr/LesProbl%e8mesRencontr%e9sEtLesSoutionsEnvisag%e9es
>
> For example, I completely missed the PmWikiFr group existence on
> default install and this is a shame. The first thing to do is showing
> the already done very good job :-))

You're very correct -- it's a shame that upon loading a translation we
don't see a lot more evidence of its existence, especially in Main.HomePage
and Site.SideBar .  I think this is something we really ought to correct
somehow... but I'm just not sure how to do it without cluttering up the
standard install.