[pmwiki-users] "Official" release of UserAuth2 recipe

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:21:27 CDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Where would you like the groups to be read from?

I'm not really sure actually.  What I've done so far is tie pmWiki in
with my existing user's database, stored in MySQL.  That database has
another table called groups that map the users and groups together.

If I understand the current AuthUser implementation, the database only
gets queried when the user tries to login, and then from there the
user has a session file containing all of the relevant information.
Is that accurate?

If so, then could the groups also be loaded from the database and
stored in an array within the session file?  Then authentication would
work as it does today, checking against group lists and whatnot ..  ?

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com
http://blog.godshell.com