[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] CSS whiz needed...

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri May 18 12:17:43 CDT 2007

The Editor wrote:
> Thanks bunches for both links.  Very helpful.  But neither seem to
> give a list of what style attributes can be assigned to which html
> markups.  Ex: can you put a border around a <p>? Does float mean
> anything in a span--or is it only for divs? etc.
>
> If anyone has an idea where to get that information I'd be thankful!
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

If in doubt, test it. Also check out www.w3schools.com, I think there's
a chart in there somewhere. You can use most styles on most tags, but
some are only for inline level, some only for block level.

Yes, you can put a border around a <p>.

Not sure if float does anything for a span, but if you want to move
things out of the flow, it's probably because they're block-level, so it
should be a div, which are very floatable.

Sandy