[pmwiki-users] pagelist pagination

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu May 17 06:48:37 CDT 2007

Thursday, May 17, 2007, 11:18:25 AM, The Editor wrote:

> To get it to, you would either have to advance the counter when the
> conditional passed  and yet be useful in the next conditional (which
> would mean it would have to tap into the conditional engine somehow),
> or the counter has to handle things internally--working off it's own
> list of pages--which is essentially what Han's solution does (via a
> preliminary pagelist).

If you refer to 'Hans solution' as the new breakpagelist.php script on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BreakPageList
then I need to say that this recipe does not offer a solution to the
problem posed (of conditionals inside the pagelist template
restricting the pagelist total count). Because the preliminary
pagelist uses fmt=maxcount (a variation on fmt=count) it does not see
any conditionals imposed in a fmt template used by the 'actual'
pagelist. The correctness of total count is based entirely on not
using conditionals inside the pagelist template, but using them only
in the pagelist markup.

As I said, I am happy with such a restriction, for I find it reasonable
enough. And if a count could be achieved within the pagelist, as part
of the core pagelist script, and then the use of a preliminary pagelist to
get a total count would not any longer be necessary, I would be entirely
happy.

  ~Hans