[pmwiki-users] pagelist pagination

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 16 16:05:07 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:56:03PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> On 5/16/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >Either way I think you'll find that it's not going to work.
> >But we can test it -- just post an example pagelist template to the
> >list that demonstrates how you think {(counter)} should work, and
> >I'll check the logic.  Start with the pagelist template I gave
> >earlier -- namely:
> >
> >   [[#mytemplate]]
> >   (:if auth edit {=$FullName}:)
> >   * {=$FullName}
> >   [[#mytemplateend]]
> >
> >Add whatever (:if:) directives or other markups you want to the
> >above such that it displays the first ten pages for which a person
> >has edit permission.
>
> Ok, I will do--but two quick questions:
>
> 1.  Do you have a do the < > conditional?

For this you can assume that we do.

> 2.  Is there some way to break out of a pagelist when you've reached
> your limit? It's kind of inefficient to run through every page and
> just reject everyone past 10. It's doable, but not ideal.

How do you mean "break out of a pagelist"?

As I noted earlier [1], PmWiki doesn't evaluate the markup
for each individual page in the pagelist.  Instead, it
concatenates all of the results for all pages together, and
then runs the markup engine *once* on the concatenated result.
So there's no concept of "breaking out early" from the pagelist.

[1] http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2007-May/043186.html