[pmwiki-users] pagelist pagination

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 16 14:46:37 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 03:17:37PM -0400, The Editor wrote:

> But you could put a markup expression in the template that serves as a
> counter. It saves the value to a global and then retrieves it each
> time it iterates through the template then resaves the new value and
> returns it both.  This would allow it to be displayed in the pagelist
> template in a conditional for example.
>
> To be a bit fancier you could also do the same thing for page number
> (as page 1 = 1-50, page 2 = 51-100). I'm kind of occupied right at the
> moment, but it seems an easy way to do what you are talking about.

Well, it can't be a standard "markup expression" as in {(...)}, because
those are evaluated before any (:if:) directives.  The same goes
for standard page variables.  It has to be a specialized form of
markup.

And I'm not merely looking for "Will it work?"; I'm also looking
for "Is it relatively straightforward to understand and explain
what is happening?"