[pmwiki-users] FW: Installation Quest.: How to pt. web server to pmwiki.php script( thx to Peter/Neil, & Christian)

Karina texask at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:43:34 CDT 2007

Karina <texask <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I just went to http://www.hispanic.org/pmwiki.php and it seems to be
> > working ..  What exactly are you having problems with?
> >
> > Heading to the pmwikis directory, however, seems to break things...
> >
> > > Just to make sure I have this set up right:
> > > *Root directory has 1 folder: "pmwiki-2.2.0-beta" --> I renamed
> to "pmwikis"
> > > **Clicking on "pmwikis" folder: there are the 6 folders: "cookbook,docs,
> > > local, pub, scripts, wikilib.d" & "pmwiki.php"
> > > ***I put the "config" file in the "local" folder as Neil directed.(thx
for
> the
> > > explanation)
> >
> > So how do you want someone to approach your site?  Do you want them to
> > be able to just go to :
> >
> > http://www.hispanic.org
> >
> > Or :
> >
> > http://www.hispanic.org/pmwikis
> >
> > ??
> >
> > > I read most folks have this set up in 10 minutes - yikes!
> >
> > Depends heavily on the configuration of the server, experience level
> > of the user, and other factors..  Don't get discouraged, we're here to
> > help you ...
> >
> OMG! It does work!
> It's absolutely amazing! I've been going to www.hispanic.org this whole
time,
> not www.hispanic.org/pmwiki.php - didn't know to go there.
>
> I'm so pleased!!!! Thank you, thank you!  THANKS for you words too!
>
> p.s.: It'd be great if the url at the top of the screen would say just
> http://www.hispanic.org
>
> and not http://www.hispanic.org/pmwiki
>
> how do i do that?

I think this is 1 of those cases where I don't know what I did to make it
work, it's not working anymore...

I had at my root actually 2 different installations, because I didn't know
where things went: right now I have
*Root directory has 1 folder: "pmwiki-2.2.0-beta" --> I renamed to "pmwikis"
**Clicking on "pmwikis" folder: there are the 6 folders: "cookbook,docs,
local, pub, scripts, wikilib.d" & "pmwiki.php"
***I put the "config" file in the "local" folder as Neil directed.(thx for
the explanation)

I also had 6 folders from before in the root directory (when it was working),
the "cookbook,docs, local, pub, scripts, wikilib.d" & "pmwiki.php", but I
thought these were not being read since I thought it was pointing to the
www.hispanic.org/pmwikis/pmwiki.pmp and everything inside of that.

So once Jason said it was working, I went in and erased all the folders in my
root besides the pmwikis folder I'm working out of above.
Anyways, apparently I needed something, but don't know what.

Apologies for my mistake.

Karina