[pmwiki-users] FW: Installation Question: How to point web server topmwiki.php script on the server?

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Sun May 6 18:01:44 CDT 2007

Karina wrote:
> -I renamed the file:"sample-config.php" to "config.php" and took it out of the
> doc directory.  Do I bring it up to the root directory, (i.e. place the config
> right next to my "pmwiki" file?  Or do I put it within the "pmwiki" file, next
> to the "cookbook, docs, local, pub" etc. files?

Just to be perfectly clear, "cookbook, docs, local, and pub" are called
folders or directories. A folder can contain a file, such as
"config.php". You need to move your config.php file into the "local" folder.

> -And then I went (uncommented out too)to the
> $ScriptUrl &
> $PubDirUrl sections
>
> for $ScriptUrl:
> tried: http://www.mydomain.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php  (didn't work)
> tried: 'http://www.mydomain.com/pmwiki/55plus_070503/pmwiki.php'
>
> same with the $PubDirURL, still no luck.

> p.s. (do I uncomment all the single "#" lines? as well?  Or just some of them?)

As a general rule, do not uncomment a line unless you know what it does
or unless you know it needs to be uncommented.

The actual setting for $ScriptUrl can be tricky, because it has to point
to the location of your PmWiki installation. Exactly where this is
depends in part on your ISP and in part on where you have installed PmWiki.

It would help if you could show the real URL (address) of your website.
For example, I own my own domain and the URL for it is:
http://neil.eton.ca/

However, the URL to access my PmWiki installation is:
http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php

Did you ISP give you instructions on how to upload a website? It should
have included the URL that your website would use.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/