[pmwiki-users] Posting Permission Patterns

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat May 5 08:22:10 CDT 2007

Saturday, May 5, 2007, 12:21:46 PM, Hans wrote:

>   'Site.*' => 'none',       //disallow any form actions to Site.*
>   '*-Talk' => 'add,delete', //we can add and delete posts to *-Talk
>   'Test.*' => 'all',        //all form actions are allowed to Test.* pages
>   '*.*'    => 'newedit',    //new pages opened for editing are allowed anywhere

> And on Site.FoxConfig an admin can add page posting permissions like this:

>   Forum.*: add,delete

I implemented this syntax for page permissions now for Fox.
An update of fox.php is uploaded to pmwiki.org.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox

I added the option to specify negative keywords as well, as in

  Data.*: add,delete
  Data.Index: add,-delete

Negative keywords or 'none' will prefix a minus character to the
pagename pattern, which effectively excludes it from being used.

  ~Hans