[pmwiki-users] Posting Permission Patterns

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri May 4 15:41:55 CDT 2007

Friday, May 4, 2007, 6:49:55 PM, The Editor wrote:

> I might suggest the following exclusions:

> *.SideBar

yes, might be good to disallow.

> *.Header
> *.Footer

What or where are these pages?
There may be any number of skin defined subpages, but do we need to
list them all?

> *.Group* (in place of the three you have)

Yes. But there may be genuine GroupBLaBlaBla pages we don't wan tto
block.

> Consider allowing posting to the same page by default.  I opted
> against any enabled patterns, but am still waivering as it allows so
> many useful things in ZAP that I suspect are mostly benign...

I think it may be better to not allow by default posting to the same page,
by using a string check on the form. For Fox it means that an author
will need to use either (:foxappend ...:) or (:foxprepend ...:) markup on the
page, and that appending or prepending to the form is no longer an
option, but can be achieved with those markups. Or maybe I add a
special (:foxallow:) markup, so the usual locations can still work.

Having it not as default will safeguard any page which holds forms to
post to other pages, for instance if it is in  a group footer.
In any case it will leave options open, and not force one way.

I will test all this with a new type forum in development, to see
these new rules at work, and see how much a hassle it is, if any.

  ~Hans