[pmwiki-users] Group passwords\login

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Fri May 4 13:58:40 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 02:09:59PM -0400, IchBin wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>>> ...One quick question:  By "menu items" are you referring to
>>> the links that typically get displayed at the top right
>>> of each page?
>>>
>> Patrick, thanks for you speed response. Actually I meant the menu items
>> on the left margin.
>
> Okay, that helps.  We can definitely do what you're looking for,
> but I'm having trouble visualizing the process -- especially
> the part about "if validated it displays all of the Group menu items
> and brings up the group's home page".  Does the visitor not see
> the group's home page before validation?  If not, then what *do*
> they see?
>
> Perhaps you could walk me through what a visitor does and
> sees when they first come to the site?  For example, if the Group's
> home page is read protected, where does the visitor
> who hasn't entered a password yet start?  Do they simply get
> a page where the main contents are blank and a login form in
> the sidebar, or ... ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pm

Naturally I could not use the conditional for the admin. It would need
to be for an authorized group user. For sake of argument, the left menu:

(:if auth admin:)
%sidehead% [[grouppage/grouppage]]
*[[grouppage/Blabblab1]]
**[[grouppage/Blabblab1]]
**[[grouppage/Blabblab2]]
**[[grouppage/Blabblab3]]
**[[grouppage/Blabblab4]]
(:ifend:)

(:if expr !auth admin || !auth attr || !auth edit :)
[[Login -> {grouppage}?action=login]]
(:ifend:)

(:if auth admin || auth attr || auth edit :)
Account
[[Logout -> Main.HomePage?action=logout]] %blue%{$Author}%%
(:ifend:)

(:if !auth admin:)
%sidehead% [[PmWiki/PmWiki]]
* [[PmWiki/Initial Setup Tasks]]
* [[PmWiki/Basic Editing]]
* [[PmWiki/Documentation Index]]
* [[PmWiki/FAQ | PmWiki FAQ ]]
* [[PmWiki/PmWikiPhilosophy]]
* [[PmWiki/Release Notes]]
* [[PmWiki/ChangeLog]]

%sidehead% [[http://www.pmwiki.org | pmwiki.org ]]
* [[Cookbook:CookbookBasics | Cookbook (addons) ]]
* [[Cookbook:Skins | Skins (themes) ]]
* [[PITS:PITS | PITS (issue tracking) ]]
* [[PmWiki/Mailing Lists]]
(:ifend:)

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org