[pmwiki-users] How come no http://pmwiki.org/Main/HomePage does not work?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 3 17:49:10 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:25:45PM +0000, J. Meijer wrote:

> It seems that at least at some point in time google didn't
> like duplicate urls at all. Don't know about the actuality though.
> Put somehting in robots.txt to avoid having them indexed twice?

Robots.txt doesn't allow wildcarded urls, so there's not an
easy way to make this happen.

But, I set things up so that /Main/WikiSandbox returns a
permanent redirect to /wiki/Main/WikiSandbox .  Google
doesn't have any issue with permanent redirects, since
the page is officially appearing at only one url, as opposed
to having the same content appearing at two different locations.

Thanks!