[pmwiki-users] Author not listed in recent changes

Salmons, Michael SalmonsM at missouri.edu
Thu May 3 13:55:16 CDT 2007

Hi,

This is my first post to the list. I'm administering an instance of
PmWiki for the main library at the state University here in Missouri.

I have what I think is a pretty basic question, and I'm asking because I
couldn't find any reference to it in the the list archive.

I am not requiring author names per the $EnablePostAuthorRequired
variable, though I am considering it. What happens is users will edit a
page, leave their names as author, then  nothing will appear in the
recent changes list.

I was experimenting with this and found if I left a comment, my name
would always appear.
Then a strange thing happened: subsequently, whenever I edit a page,
comment or no, my name always appears.

A week prior to this experimentation, I finally edited my profile page,
if that makes a difference.

Is there some function of author tracking related to comments that I
"turned on?"

Alternately, what is a way (0ther than $EnablePostAuthorRequired) that I
can guarantee all signed pages will appear as such in Recent Changes? If
it only appears in mail notifications that would be okay, too.

Thanks!

Michael Salmons