[pmwiki-users] Recipe stability (was: Why all this zapping?)

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed May 2 08:50:23 CDT 2007

Endorsements is a good word. One of the reasons I joined this list was
to get a feel for the contributors, but that's a luxury many new users
don't have. They'd still have to get a feel for the endorsers, but more
names means more chance of recognizing one.

Let's make one thing clear:

A proper evaluation of a recipe involving security or private data can
take several hours of a senior programmer's time, and setting up
examples and explaining them takes even more time, time that could be
spent paying the rent. It's frustrating to be told little more than, "It
won't work," but, no matter how friendly and helpful the community,
there will always be recipes that don't get evaluated, simply because no
expert has that much time to invest in a recipe they don't expect to use.

Sandy