[pmwiki-users] {$$vars}

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 1 12:48:42 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:29:28PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 5:19:45 PM, Martin Fick wrote:
> > Hmm, I guest this means that we already have
> > templating built into pmwiki, just not with the
> > include command!
>
> To be precise:
>
> The (:include :) directive allows data display via a template, by
> using this syntax:
>
>   (:include <templatepage> basepage=<datapage>:)
>
> Any {$$var} on <templatepage> will be replaced by the corresponding
> PTV on <datapage>.

Correction:  Any {$:var} on <templatepage> will be replaced by the
corresponding PTV of <datapage>.

After I adjust (:include:), any {$$var} on template page will be
replaced by the corresponding option value to (:include:) --
i.e., in the above {$$basepage} in the template would end up
with the value of <datapage> after the substitution.