[pmwiki-users] Drafts, moderated wikis, and PITS 00755
connard at dsg-inc.com
Fri Mar 30 21:32:21 CDT 2007
A couple of points:
1. I also think that Publish is good.
2. Save and Edit is ambiguous and needs to be clarified.
3. In PITS 00755, "Pm's proposal ... modified to clarify labels"
suggests a single "Save" label with different meanings for an
original document vs a draft document. I think that this is
confusing. I'd also rather always see "Save as Draft" even for
untrusted authors. Another issue to consider is that an entire wiki
might NOT have $EnableDrafts turned on - it might only be used for
specific groups and I think it is a good thing that the authors
realize that they are saving a draft page that needs to be
"published" by the moderator/publisher - using Save for everything
doesn't lead them to expect the different behavior.
4. Pm: Are you considering a Publish password so that publishers are
given special permissions via a password attr (including id and
groups in AuthUser)?
5. Something that hasn't been discussed at all is the history -
should the history show what is a Draft vs what is the real document?
More information about the pmwiki-users