[pmwiki-users] signing up for an event

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 08:33:21 CDT 2007

Friday, March 30, 2007, 1:51:56 PM, Nicholas wrote:

> We have about 100 profiles, one for each person.  Can
> I use this to generate a list of some sort so that
> they could click or select from a dropdown to add
> themselves to the event?

see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/InputSelect
Group page navigator example:
just adjust the pagelist so it will grab your profiles.
Perhaps change the fmt to use Namespaced for better name reading.

You could use this in a Fox form to have the selected name added to a
list on some target page.

But rather than having a 100plus scroll-down select box you could have
your users enter their name in a box and have that posted to the list.
Perhaps prefill the box with {$Author}, if you are using author
cookies (like on pmwiki.org):

(:fox addname target=EventList:)
(:input text {name} {$Author}:)
(:input submit post "Add my name":)