[pmwiki-users] Anyone have a TikiWiki to PmWiki conversion filter?

Tony Colley frodo1990 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 15:22:11 CDT 2007

I have manually transferred my personal website from TikiWiki-based [1] to PmWiki-based, but the TikiWiki-based intranet website I admin at work is much larger.

The main TikiWiki capabilities other than the wiki we used were file/image galleries and FAQs. Those I simply accept will have to be migrated by hand; and I will have to manually deal with the couple dozen TikiWiki "plugins" I wrote -- similar to user-written (:functions:) in PmWiki.

However, I was hoping someone out there had written something that could automatically translate standard TikiWiki wiki markup into standard PmWiki markup.

I am assuming I will have to manually extract the page source (e.g. copy it out of the edit form) from TikiWiki since the page source is kept in a MySQL database; but if someone has something that extracts each page source directly from the database and creates a PmWiki page source file, that would be really cool.

Thanks,
Tony

[1] http://tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Home

Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one,
take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory
nor the problem which it was intended to solve. -- Karl Popper
HOME PAGE: www.awcfamily.com

I have no control over anything that appears after this sentence.