[pmwiki-users] Attachment handling enhancement request

pmwikidev at sigproc.de pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Tue Mar 27 00:52:12 CDT 2007

Hi,

> in the related group configuration pages. But, I'm now stuck with the
> fact that there isn't any way to refer to attachments from one group
> into another.
>
> Couldn't we have $UploadPrefixFmt customization be improved to
> something similar to that is available via $PagePathFmt? I'm

I came across the same problem some time ago and tried to ponder about a
good and especially sustainable solution. In the end I put up some "memo"
about the issue to my profile page ("Naming scheme for paths to uploaded
files"), which seems by now a bit outdated or extravagant since I didn't
know about the $PagePathFmt variable and other pmwiki mechanisms then. Yet
the basic concerns are still valid:

* Can I address any attachment from anywhere in the wiki, no matter
whether I choose per group or per page storing?
* Are the permissions to access the file properly checked, and is this
actually possible? (For example, for accessing files in '/$Group' it is
not clear which page parameter should be used in a $AuthFunction call,
since we access a group not a page. (*))
* When changing the addressing scheme, all recipes including/manipulating
files from the upload dir should be considered being updated as well (at
least in long run) to have unity addressing throughout the wiki.

I'll put up some digest of these thoughts to the PITS entry once they have
condensed well.

ThomasP

(*) I have thus added the functionality to query group permissions to the
UserAuth2 module already.