[pmwiki-users] What files can I safely remove from a pmwiki installation?
Patrick R. Michaud
pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 26 16:15:30 CDT 2007
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 09:32:01PM +0100, Sergio Lopes wrote:
> I have started using PMWiki, it is good for my needs, a simple personal
> I would like to know wich files can I delete form the wiki to make it
> smaller. I know it doesn't take much space but I would like it to take a
> little less ;). I was to remove the "docs" folder...
> What about files in the wikilib.d? I have no need for the documentation,
You can safely remove the PmWiki.* files from the wikilib.d/ folder --
this will save a lot of space (approx 804KB). Be sure to keep any of
the Site.* files there, however.
You can also remove the docs/ folder (48KB).
Together, these two items bring the installed size down to 636KB.
If you want an even smaller footprint:
- if you're not using the GUIEdit buttons, you can remove the pub/guiedit/
folder (124KB) and scripts/guiedit.php (3KB)
- if you're not doing RSS feeds, you can remove scripts/feeds.php (18KB)
- if you don't need utf-8 support, you can remove xlpage-utf-8.php (14KB)
- you can remove scripts/transition.php (9KB), scripts/compat1x.php (8KB),
scripts/authuser.php (7KB), and scripts/notify.php (7KB).
On my system that gets PmWiki down to 436KB. After that we're removing
really small items:
- scripts/urlapprove.php (5KB)
- scripts/mailposts.php (4KB) # this shouldn't be here anyway
- scripts/wikiwords.php (2KB)
- scripts/creole.php (2KB)
- scripts/httpauth.php (2KB)
With all of the above removed, I end up with 408KB. Removing anything
else after this is rapidly reaching a point of diminishing returns. :-)
Hope this helps!
More information about the pmwiki-users