[pmwiki-users] leading spaces switch for 2.2.0 (somewhat important)

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Mar 25 17:38:37 CDT 2007

On 3/25/07, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> I'm wondering if there could be a compromise: rather than having a
> *single* leading space trigger preformatting, there could be a certain
> number of leading spaces required, like four or eight. One or two spaces
> are likely to be accidental, eight spaces, less so.

This sparks a thought re: a recent post by Hans relating to a question
of mine, copied below...

I'm wondering if someone could suggest a markup that would enable
someone to indent paragraphs, say perhaps

>Paragragh...

That would indent a configurable (SDV) number of &nbsp; (say 5 spaces)
without putting in the extra line described in the problem below.
It's a bit tangental, but relates in that I would like to be able to
have indented paragraphs but can't seem to get what I want.  Any
suggestions?

Of course an answer to Hans' original post would be welcome too...

Cheers,
Dan

-------
Is there a markup wizard who can help with this problem?

Markup(':vspace', 'fulltext','/<:vspace>/',"<p class='vspace'>&nbsp;</p>");
translates empty lines.

Markup('^ws', '<^img', '/^(\\s+)(.*?)/e', "WSIndent2('$1')");
for non-list item indents the function returns
"<:p,1>$HTMLPNewline$brsp$sp"

$HTMLPNewline = '<br />';
$brsp$sp gives a number of whitespace substitute characters.

So white spaces at line start add a <br/> tag.
This is fine for lines following directly other lines with text.
But following an empty line there will be one <br/> too many.
-------