[pmwiki-users] Hello, I have an advanced template config/usage question

Vince Admin Account vadmin at math.uconn.edu
Thu Mar 22 12:11:39 CDT 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 9:22 AM, axel_groll at selbst-doku.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please allow me to introduce myself a bit here. I'm Axel Groll, have
> actually used PmWiki for quite some time now @
> http://audi100.selbst-doku.de an even own my profile @pmwiki.org
> (~Axel)
>
> Currently, however, I do propose it's usage in the companny's intranet
> and received a major question there:
>
> They would like to put several things right on the page template:
> *Title
> *Predefined headers
> *Page creation date
> *Page abstract (short content overview)
> *Table of contents
>
> Several of these points are quite clear to me. So eg. !!{$Name} does
> insert the page's name as a title. Predefined headers are just as easy
> to define. TOCs can be included by the toc/quicktoc plugins.
>
> My remaining questions:
>
> *But how would you input the initial page creation date right into the
> template page???
> *How would you include a page abstract paragraph right in the
> template?
> *Any general ideas? :)
>
> Thanks so much in Advance, :)))
> Axel Groll
> Munich
Axel,
If I were doing this, I would use an ROS (replace on save)  string
for the date in the template, so that the first time
the page were saved, the date would be there. Like the ~~~ markup,
which gets replaced by the page author.
And as for a page abstract,  I don't really understand what is
wanted. You could certainly put a place holder
!!!Abstract
put abstract here
but do you mean you want the page to automagically generate the
abstract by looking at the page contents?
          Vince