[pmwiki-users] Triad Skin Update

Hans Huijgen lighans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 05:51:59 CDT 2007

Hans,

Thanks for this skin. It solved so many problems for my website.
I really hope PM considers to add some of your ideas to the core. Like
te popup-preview option. This makes the editing much more dynamic and
logical. But it would be nice if the preview button and close preview
button would be on the same place of is the same button. When doing a
quick scan, I have to "search" for the close preview button. I hope
it's clear what I ask.

Also the choice of adding a wiki-page of every part of a skin should
be standard, to my opinion. It's much more logical from a
non-techie-users-point of view. And I checked that with some students.
They understand right away, without having any knowledge of
programming.

the selection of (:theme blabla:) is nice. I put it in a groupheader
and tadaa. Could it be possible to chose for border or wide?, like
(:theme gold border:)

I tried to add an extra link in the PageTopMenu:
[[{$Group}|$[{$Group}.fali.nl]]]. It works, but  could someone help me
to let it not show when Main or Site are the groups? I know it should
be an (:if:) thingie, but an example would be great for my learning.

I really like the PageFootMenu buttons and the example (:if auth ....
:). For the farm with the students, it's great. Only there relevant
buttons (edit, history, attach file) are present. This is nothing new
of course. The nice thing for me is that I can alter it at every
place. Even with no ftp-possibilities.

A nice sideffect of the skin is the ease of "integrating" other
recipes like wikigallery and totalcounter. It looks quite coherent.

--
Groetjes
Hans