[pmwiki-users] Farm $PageTemplateFmt and $skin

Clemens Gruber cgruber at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Mar 20 17:13:45 CDT 2007

Hi,

for a farm setup I use $PageTemplateFmt to specify the template. This is
necessary because the temlate is not on the sames server as the farm is,
the temlate is generated form an other CMS system. So I can not use
$skin to declare the template.

Now I have a problem concerning the print feature. The action=print uses
the skin mechanism to set another skin. But in my setup this doesn't
work. Patrick wrote on
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/14990
"Setting $PageTemplateFmt means 'use this skin no matter what.'"

What can I do? Can I use $skin with a skin on another server?

The only thing that works is:

$PageTemplateFmt ='http://example.com/the-pmwiki-template.tmpl';
if ($GLOBALS['action'] == 'print') {
   $SkinDirUrl = '$FarmPubDirUrl/skins/print';
   $PageTemplateFmt = '$FarmPubDirUrl/skins/print/print.tmpl';
}

but so I have to edit all field config.php files. I can not write this
in farmconfig.php because the field users can chose differnet templates.
And it's not really nice. The best solution would be to use $skin with
files on another server. How can I do this?

Clemens