[pmwiki-users] Problem with special characters

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Tue Mar 20 11:43:07 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 16:46, mikkelt at art.tartu.ee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm from Estonia and just started using PmWiki. I have a problem with
> Estonian characters. I need to use some Estonian letters in the wiki
> groups names and page names. It looks ok in the 'Side bar' and in page
> content but not in the header. I've attached a screenshot. As You can see
> from there, for example under 'Materjalid' the third page name is fine but
> in the header it is not.
> I have tried to enable html and utf-8 but no success.
> Do You have any ideas how can I fix this?

Hello and welcome!

You must use UTF-8 encoding, or it will not work (enabling html is not
necessary). See for more information:

  http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UTF-8
  http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UTF-8

Note that UTF-8 support was greatly enhanced in version 2.2.0-beta30, that is,
from the "beta" series. If you use the latest "stable" 2.1.27, there is a fix
you can apply, read http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AsSpacedFunctionInUTF-8

Good luck,
Petko