[pmwiki-users] Fwd: PmWiki forum...

the Other michael xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:24:58 CDT 2007

Neil, I've added that to the WikiRefactoring page as a recommended action.

I've got a question posed under
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiRefactoring#Location

I feel somewhat inhibited editing the PmWiki.org wiki -- there are two
main groups, PmWiki (which seems to be formal documentation that gets
distributed with... distributions) and Cookbook recipes. But where do
other discussions go? WikiRefactoring isn't really a recipe, it's a
discussion of an ethic, proposals of a process. A Recipe seems to be
more finalized -- it's been baked, tasted, and pronounced edible.
Granted, wiki-nature allows for revisions and evolution (and I'm
taking uncomfortable advantage of that with two bare-bones recipes),
but Cookbook still seems formal.

Does anybody else feel this way? Is that what there is so much more
email activity than wiki-editing? Why there are repeated calls for a
forum?

Or am I missing some section for this? I can't really search out these
elements, as the PmWiki.org search for "/" yeilds: "Fatal error:
Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
/home/pmichaud/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 1341"

Is there another SiteMap?

On 3/20/07, Neil Herber (nospam) <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> On 2007-03-19 Francis Casson is rumoured to have said:
> > I previously suggested a mailing list ethic (although the thread got diverted somewhat from that, which was the original point.)
> >
> > With this ethic - if you get something out of this list you put something back into the PmWiki Documentation.  Assuming you at least had a brief look in the documentation before asking the list, you should put the answer into the place on PmWiki.org where you didn't find it!  I have been trying to live by this of late,  I suggest we actively encourage everyone to to do so.
> >

> I suggested a generic page that people could use if they could not
> decide where the answer should go.
>
> Post your question and its answer on:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AQ
>
> --
> Neil Herber
> Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/

-the Other michael
http://www.xradiograph.com/interference
http://www.xradiograph.com/wrottings
http://www.xradiograph.com/amazingtext
http://scp.xradiograph.com

DISCLAIMER: links contained in mail from this address may or may not
be contextually related to any encapsulating text.

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY: I send a bcc of every email only to the
NSA, because I want America to Be Secure.