[pmwiki-users] PmWiki forum...

the Other michael xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:46:06 CDT 2007

On 3/19/07, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:
> >Currently I use Gmail to store all my pmwiki mail and use its search
> >features with threads,
>
> So you depend on Gmail. You have no backup under your control.

Well, an email client can be configured to download gmail with or
without deleting it from the server. So you can back it up.

With a forum, no download, no backup. And one more piece of software
that somebody has to maintain....

And since the mailing list is archived online, I don't really see the
need to replicate it on my home machine. Especially given the volume.

--
-the Other michael
http://www.xradiograph.com/interference

DISCLAIMER: links contained in mail from this address may or may not
be contextually related to any encapsulating text.

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY: I send a bcc of every email only to the
NSA, because I want America to Be Secure.