[pmwiki-users] PmWiki forum...

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Mon Mar 19 10:09:48 CDT 2007

On 2007-03-19 The Editor is rumoured to have said:
> Sorry about being kind of ignorant of news readers.  But can someone
> suggest a good newsreader, and how exactly to get it set up.  I think
> that's probably why some are satisfied with the mailing list.
> Otherwise, the archives are near to worthless.
>
> Currently I use Gmail to store all my pmwiki mail and use its search
> features with threads, but I would like a better way to organize
> topics and save favorite emails.  Hadn't thought about labels.  Maybe
> a real email client....

I can recommend Thuderbird. I switched to it from Eudora with some
trepidation, but after one day, I never looked back. T-Bird flawlessly
imported my 35,000 stored emails. I use it as both an IMAP and POP3
client (simultaneously).

T-Bird is both a mail *and* news reader (and maybe RSS too, but I don't
use it). Just click on the "Create a new account" button, and it will
walk you through the setup.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/