[pmwiki-users] Minor edit or notify post

Francis Casson pmwiki at bleaksky.net
Fri Mar 16 04:27:34 CDT 2007

> On 11/03/07, Dr Fred C <drfredc at verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to change the minor edit box into a 'notify list'
> > selection box?  Only when it's clicked would the notify procedure be
> > activated.   Ideally, it would seem that this ought to be some sort of
> > toggle in the config file for a variable of something like Edit select
> > box -- 0=don't use, 1=minor edit 2=notify list.

You could also try

if ( @$_POST['diffclass'] != 'minor' ) $EnableNotify=1;

in your config.php (but I haven't tested this as I don't use Notify.)

This way, only 'major' edits send notify messages, but it doesn't let you
select minor edits separately from the notify option - to do that you'd need
to add another checkbox to the edit form and (I think) a handler from the
extra returned form data. You can set minor edits to be the default by
setting (:input e_minorcheckbox checked=1:) on the edit form.

If you want minor edits and not major edits to send the message then you
would use

if ( @$_POST['diffclass'] == 'minor' ) $EnableNotify=1;

Instead.

 http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MessageAfterPosting is a different and
completely separate method, not using notify at all - no reason to assume
they couldn't be used at the same time.

Hope this helps,

Francis