[pmwiki-users] Paragraph-ending rule not working in lists?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 01:53:21 CDT 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> That's correct.  Paragraphs begin on any line that doesn't start with
> some other form of "block" markup.

I'd be interested in more details on how a paragraph is delimited/defined
when you have some time. Then I could polish the description if needed and
add it to the wiki.

One reason why I wonder is that I'm using the convention of putting a
brief description of the content/purpose of the page at the top of the
page. It works reasonably well, and I do think most pages deserve such a
description. The reason I started putting the description at the top was
John's "teaser markup". However, IIRC that only takes the first line of
the page - I could be wrong here and confusing it with wath you can
include.

So maybe the following is a better question:

Is it possible to include only the first paragraph of a page, and what
would this be then?

And a follow up question. What if the page looked like this:

 	!! Some title

 	(:toc:)

 	Paragraph with description....

Would you say that the description paragraph is the first, second or third
paragraph on that page? (From an include point of view).

Regards,
/Christian

PS. Yes, I know anchors could be used to define the description paragraph,
but for some reason I never get around to actually inserting a