[pmwiki-users] ZAP default settings question...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Mar 14 21:22:39 CDT 2007

Just a quick question as I'm nearly done putting the finishing touches
on the documentation...

In ZAPextend I have put 12 highly useful, but non-essential commands
that can be plugged into ZAP.  Each has it's own variable that can
cause it to be turned on or off in a config file.

I'm wondering if these should be on or off by default.  Currently they are on.

I think it's easier to just enable/disable the recipe, than to have to
turn on or off a dozen custom variables.  But these are powerful
commands and a little extra caution doesn't hurt.  It also means you
can just turn on the one command you want and not have all the other
ones available.

On the other hand, you could leave the whole recipe off and then just
cut and paste the individual command you needs right into your config
file and they work just like that.  (I tried to redesign ZAP so it is
extremely easy to create an extension for any kind of custom function
you want.) In this case you might as well have them on so you don't
have to tweak them when you do the cut and paste... And I don't really
want people emailing me about why something is not working when they
just forgot to turn it on...

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Dan